Terms & Conditions
Beacon Electrical is a trading name of Beacon South West Ltd. Please note that customers purchasing from our retail showroom should refer to in store terms of trading. We reserve the right to alter the terms of trading from time to time.
The following terms and conditions apply to all transactions processed by this site and over phone lines. Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order to us.
- Information about us and how to contact us
- We are Beacon Electrical, a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 01466129 and our registered office is at Beacon Electrical 263 Beacon Park Road, Beacon Park, Plymouth, Devon PL2 3JP. Our registered VAT number is 339786500
- You can contact us by telephoning our customer service team at 01752 787600 or by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Beacon Electrical, 263 Beacon Park Road, Beacon Park, Plymouth, Devon PL2 3JP
- All prices are shown in £ sterling and include VAT but exclude any delivery and credit card transaction charges.
- We reserve the right to change any advertised prices at any time.
- The price you pay is the price displayed on this website at the time we receive your order, except in the instance where an error has occurred with the price shown on the website.
- Please note that prices go up and down on a daily basis.
- When placing an order you are purchasing the item(s) at the price(s) shown at that time.
- Should a price subsequently change after your delivery is placed we are unable to adjust your order to the new price.
- In the event that an error is discovered with the price of any products you have ordered:
- We will inform you as soon as we can whereupon we will give you the option of amending your order at the correct price or cancelling it.
- If you cancel your order and have already paid for the products we will give you a full refund.
- In the event that we are unable to contact you we will cancel the order and refund you any sums you have paid.
- Payment can be made by most major credit cards. We also accept any debit card and PayPal.
- Cheque payments can only be made by arrangement with our sales team and are subject to clearance prior to delivery being confirmed.
- Full payment for your products is taken when a new order is created.
- If you choose to pay by cheque then your order will only be processed once the cheque has been received and cleared.
- We do not give out paper invoices. We will email an order summary to you if you have given us an email address.
- All products are subject to availability and may be changed at any time.
- If your order cannot be fulfilled you will be offered an alternative or given a full refund.
- If an order is received for a discontinued product we will automatically provide you with the up-to-date equivalent, providing it is available and the same price as the discontinued model. If this is not the case we will contact you.
- If you require delivery to a separate delivery address to that of the registered billing (invoice) address of the payment card, please ensure that both addresses are filled out correctly in the basket stage. We may require additional address confirmation to be sent through which may cause a delay in delivery dates.
- We deliver to most PL and TQ postal codes with the exception of some outlying areas.
- Standard delivery is free for orders of any value over £150; however we may charge for some hard to reach areas.
- Certain products are available for national delivery and will be identified as such on the product information page, this will also allow for postcodes outside of PL & TQ to be entered into the basket stage and be allowed to progress to payment. Any deliveries outside of PL & TQ postcodes will be completed by our delivery partners or manufacturer direct delivery services. If you are unsure and would like to check the details please contact the sales team on 01752 787600 prior to placing your order.
- Delivery options and costs will be clearly displayed once you have entered your delivery postcode.
- Upon delivery a signature will be required.
- The following delivery information applies if you purchase an item from us and is delivered by one of our own vans.
- We will contact you to confirm your chosen delivery date and time slot. However delivery dates may be delayed by events outside our control (e.g. due to sudden stock shortages, manufacturing delays, or delivery vehicle breakdowns), which is why we strongly advise all customers not to book fitters until they have received the relevant products, as no claims will be accepted. We will contact you as soon as possible to let you know if there is a delay and will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. We shall not be liable for any losses, costs, damages, charges or expenses caused by any delay in delivering the products.
- On the day of delivery we endeavour to keep to the estimated delivery timeslot, our delivery drivers will also contact you from the previous drop to advise you of our imminent arrival.
- You can choose your own delivery timeslot at the time of sale in the basket process.
- If your item is not in stock and is on order our booking team will contact you once the order has been received into stock to agree an available delivery slot.
- Once issued your timeslot cannot be changed.
- Timeslots are estimated, actual delivery times can be earlier or later due to circumstances beyond our control. This means someone must be present at the delivery address all day and able to accept the products upon arrival of our delivery vehicle.
- If you find you cannot keep to the delivery date you must notify us before 12 noon one working day before delivery.
- Failed delivery charges may be applied in the event that a delivery fails due to - but not limited to - any of the following reasons:
- You cancel the order after the point at which the products have been loaded for delivery at our warehouse.
- You provide insufficient/incorrect contact details or an incorrect delivery address thereby resulting in our inability to contact you or otherwise make a successful delivery.
- You refuse delivery upon arrival of our delivery vehicle.
- There is no-one at the delivery address to accept delivery. You must ensure that you can be available all day on your chosen day of delivery.
- There are parking restrictions or other access problems (e.g. stairs or narrow doorways) which you failed to notify our telesales operators of. By booking your own delivery date at the checkout you are agreeing that there is no such access or parking restrictions which we should be aware of.
£24.99 per item
Re-delivery (Americans/range cookers)
£49.99 per item
- l. We will deliver to the required floor of the property subject to access being clear and free of any obstacles. Larger items (such as Range cookers and American fridge freezers) can only be guaranteed delivery to ground floor rooms with suitable access, we recommend that customer check access door widths to ensure that products can be carried through packed and without restriction. Most American fridge freezer models have a door removal option in order to make installation and delivery easier, this is available as pre booked service at the time of purchase, if you would like more information we recommend contacting the sales team on 0752 787600 prior to making a purchase.
- m. Whilst our own drivers are happy to bring your product into an unobstructed room of your choice, we cannot be held responsible for any damage incurred. It is your responsibility to protect any floor coverings to prevent damage while the products are being situated in the property.
- n. We do not allow customers under any circumstances to assist the driver with delivery or handling of any of our products.
- o. The products will be your responsibility from the time we deliver the products to the address given by you.
6. Damaged and Faulty Goods
We will supply products that are in conformance with this contract and nothing in these terms will affect your legal rights.
If you discover that the products which you have received are faulty, you should notify us immediately. You have the right to a full refund if a fault occurs within 30 days of delivery please note this will, in most cases, require an engineer visit to confirm the fault.
- Bespoke Items and Custom Orders
- Some of the products that are listed and available to order on our site are custom ordered and not held in stock. If this is the case a member of the sales team will contact you prior to processing your order to confirm this and ensure that you are aware that this changes the status of your sale and ask for your acceptance, any such item if requested for return under the 14 day return rule will be subject to a handling charge in order that the product be returned to the supplier this can be up to and including 30% of the retail price.
- Any products that have bespoke customisations such as paint or engraving are non-refundable.
8. Unwanted Products
- Under the Consumer Contract Regulations 2013, you have the right to cancel your order within 14 days after receipt of the products, without giving a reason.
- You have the choice of returning smaller products via your own means (at your own cost to Beacon Electrical 263 Beacon Park Road, Beacon Park, Plymouth, Devon PL2 3JP), or larger products, requesting that we collect them. We will charge you the direct cost to us of collection, which is £69 per item for washing machine size products, or £149 for range cookers and American style fridge freezers. We may however choose to reduce the collection charge if you are purchasing another product from us. Costs may vary for products that are delivered by our delivery partners and will be confirmed at the time of request.
- You have a duty of care while the products are in your possession and we reserve the right to charge you for any damage that may have occurred during this period.
- We reserve the right to apply re-handling charges for returned items under some circumstances:
- The products received back are 'as new' but incomplete; i.e. missing components and/or accessories.
- Any other handling including installation or use of the products which has diminished the value of the products e.g. damage or wear and tear. If we refund you the price paid before we are able to inspect the products and later discover you have handled them in an unacceptable way, you must pay us an appropriate amount.
- If the product is unpacked please do so carefully and retain all of the packing.
- We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible and within 14 days of the product arriving back at out head office.
9. Additional Services
- If requested we will collect old appliances for recycling on a like-for-like basis when we deliver your new item(s). We make a charge for this service to cover collection and transportation.
- All products must be disconnected and emptied of any items prior to our delivery team arriving, if possible and subject to circumstance we recommend that old items are outside of the premise in a safe and dry location
- Additional services which have been ordered but are then declined upon delivery are non-refundable, as we allocate space for these services on our delivery vehicles. This includes 'Old Product Collection', 'Unwrap and Remove Packaging'.
- We offer an installation service in some areas. Please see our installation terms and conditions for more details about this service.
- If a connection fails because the customer did not inform of us of any reason why it may not be successful or because the customer did not comply with the reasons mentioned on the installation terms and conditions page we reserve the right to make a failed connection charge of 50% of the connection charge per appliance
11. Accuracy of Product Information
All product information shown on the website is believed to be correct and accurate from the source material (i.e. manufacturer's documentation). However we regret that we cannot be held responsible for any errors or omissions.
12. Data Security
a. We will use the personal information you provide to us:
- to supply the products to you;
- to process your payment for the products;
- to identify you in the future should you need to contact us regarding your purchase;
- to notify you in the unlikely event of a manufacturer's safety notice or product recall;
- If you agreed to this during the order process, to give you information about similar products that we provide, but you may stop receiving this at any time by contacting us.
b. We will comply with the General Data Protection Regulations 2018 and any other applicable data protection laws in the UK when processing any personal data which you provide, if you would like any to check any information that is held on file please send a Subject access request (SAR) to email@example.com or send a registered letter to Beacon Electrical 263 Beacon Park Road, Beacon Park, Plymouth, Devon PL2 3JP.
13. Manufacturer Guarantees and Extended Warranties
All items carry a minimum 12 months parts and labour guarantee issued by the manufacturer which is subject to provisions that the appliance:
- Has been used solely for domestic purposes and is on domestic premises; i.e. not for commercial or trade use.
- Has been used solely in accordance with the instruction book.
- Has not been subject to misuse, accident, modified or repaired by anyone other than the manufacturer's service engineers.
Any appliance which has a guarantee over 12 months must be registered within 28 days of receipt to qualify for any additional years' cover
We offer extended 3 & 5 year warranties which cover parts and labour which can be purchased through the website at the time of sale or subsequently with the first 11 months by contacting a member of the sale team instore or by phone.
- These are underwritten by UK Warranty Insurance Services and administered by Corporate Support Solutions.
- Please refer to the warranty terms and conditions for further information.
14. Governing Law
These terms are governed by the laws of England and Wales and any dispute or claim arising in connection with these terms or the contract between us shall be dealt with by the courts of England and Wales.
We take all complaints very seriously. If you have a cause for complaint then please contact our customer service team on 01752 787600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the address shown below.
Your Statutory Rights
None of the above affects your statutory rights as a consumer. We reserve the right to amend our terms and conditions clauses wherever consumer statutory rights are not affected.
Summary of Charges
£24.99 per item
Re-delivery (Americans/range cookers)
£49.99 per item
263 Beacon Park Road,
VAT Reg. No. 339786500
Company No. 1466129